Ivy Prater, Elgin, NE Native Wins Prestigious Award!
Ivy Prater is a 2020 recipient of the Judy Schneider Fellowship, a yearlong program sponsored by Women in Government Relations. She is one of three young women selected from a pool of about 70 applicants in the D.C. area.
Read more here at Cooperative.com
Solar will be part of the generation mix for Elkhorn Rural Public Power District in the near future – Read more in the January Wire.
SCAM ALERT – January 15, 2020
We have had several customer call in to the office to say they received a phone call from 877-275-6773 identifying as NE Public Power Dist. or NPPD. The callers say that the “meter will expire” in 35 minutes if a “fine” is not paid.
Elkhorn Rural Public Power District will not call you threatening disconnect unless payment is received in a short period of time or to pay a “fine”. We will not call you and ask for your personal information, such as credit card numbers, social security information, or ask you to pay with a prepaid card. We will, however, send a payment reminder or make an automated call reminding customers that a monthly payment is due. Then, you can initiate a call to our office and feel very comfortable that your information is secure. If you ever receive a call of threats of disconnection unless payment is made over the phone, etc., in which the caller requires a credit card number to proceed, please hang up and call our office at 800-675-2185.
You can also report any scam activity to the Nebraska Attorney General’s office on-line: https:// protectthegoodlife.nebraska.gov/ report-scam or by calling (402) 471-2682.
Winter Driving Safety Tips
The best winter driving safety tip is knowing road conditions. Check them out at 511.nebraska.gov or download the app. For more tips read the January Wire.
No General Rate Increase for 2020
Read about it in the January Wire.
Check out the December Wire for the latest on what is going on at ERPPD.
BEWARE of SCAMMERS!
This is an actual scam call recorded by our wholesale electrical supplier. ERPPD will never call you and demand payment with a prepaid card. For more information on what to do, see the last page of the August 2018 Wire.
Scammers are becoming more advanced in their efforts to defraud customers. Listen to the following video of an actual scam call recently received. In this case, the customer did the right thing and did not give into the wants of the scammer. Any time you receive a questionable call, do not hesitate to call us at 1-877-ASK-NPPD. #StopScams
Posted by Nebraska Public Power District on Thursday, August 22, 2019
Working For Nebraska:
- NEW!! A Day’s Worth of Electricity – (watch video)
- Net Metering -(watch video)
- Bring Your Voice to Your Representative – (watch video)
- Do You Know Your Power District -(watch video)
- Public Power is a Great Value- (watch video)
- Cyber Security- (watch video)
- Quick Tips for Safety (watch video)
- Monolith Project – (watch video)
- What Could You Do With $4 – (watch video)
- What Would You Do Without Power? – (watch video)
- Thank You Public Power – (watch video)
- Letters to Our Lineman (watch video)
- Happy Birthday Nebraska! (watch video)
- Is Public Power in Your Best Interst? (watch video)
- Kilowalking: State Fair (watch video)
- The Day the Lights Came On (watch video)
- Public Power vs Investor Owned Utilities: What is the difference? (watch video)
- Raptor Recovery (watch video)
- Life of a Lineman (watch video)
- Energy Camp and Youth Tour (watch video)
- Kilowalking (watch video)
- Linemen (watch video)
- What 10 Cents Will Get You (watch video)
- Community Involvement (watch video)
- Load Management (watch video)
- Affordability (watch video)
- Reliability (watch video)
- Environmentally Friendly (watch video)
- Local Control (watch video)
- New Technology (watch video)
- Electricity 101 (watch video)
Looking for Energy Savings?
Click here to see more information on EnergyWise incentives.