Guidelines for Donations from Elkhorn Rural Public Power District Community Development Fund (Fund)
Funds are collected and distributed with the purpose of promoting and enhancing the communities that are within the Elkhorn Rural Public Power District (ERPPD) service territory which includes all or portions of the following counties: Antelope, Madison, Stanton, Boone, Holt, Pierce, Platte and Wheeler.
- Applicants must live or serve primarily within the ERPPD service territory. They do not need to be customers of ERPPD.
- Successful applications will be of wide benefit to the inhabitants within the service territory, such as but not limited to: life-saving equipment (AED, jaws of life), enhancements to learning or caring for people (examples – computers, updated technology, patient loading system, child monitor, etc.); safety (examples – bike helmets, background checks); etc. Preference for funds will go toward tangible goods requests.
- Awards will be given up to $1,000 per organization per calendar year. Additional amounts may be given at the discretion of the board based on the merits of the application.
- Awards will be considered for church schools and preschools that are open to the public.
- Awards for Post Prom requests will be limited to $50/year.
- No funds shall be used, either directly or indirectly, to support any candidate for political office or for any political purpose.
The Fund Board of Trustees reserves the right to modify these guidelines as it deems necessary.