Two Directors Earn Director Gold Certification
Rod Zohner, board president, (left) and Joe Thiele, board member, (right) have earned their Director Gold Certification from the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA). The certification requires that the board members take classes and learn about board functions, the public power model, as well as issues that are facing our customers and energy today.
Rod and Joe join Greg Weidner and Larry Lindahl, who also have their certification.
Youth Energy Leadership Camp (YELC)
Four area youth were sponsored by Elkhorn to spend a week at the State 4-H camp in Halsey NE. Colton Beed, Andrew Steskal, Alexis Pokorny, and Kira Widger (pictured right) enjoyed many activities and learning about public power during the camp from July 11 – 15. You can view pictures of the campers and the activities on Facebook
Register to Vote
It is easier than ever! Click here to register on-line.
Watch a short video here from our very own Ivy Prater about the importance of voting and letting your voice be heard for rural America!!
- NEW!! Public Power vs Investor Owned Utilities: What is the difference? (watch video)
- Raptor Recovery (watch video)
- Life of a Lineman (watch video)
- Energy Camp and Youth Tour (watch video)
- Kilowalking (watch video)
- Linemen (watch video)
- What 10 Cents Will Get You (watch video)
- Community Involvement (watch video)
- Load Management (watch video)
- Affordability (watch video)
- Reliability (watch video)
- Environmentally Friendly (watch video)
- Local Control (watch video)
- New Technology (watch video)
- Electricity 101 (watch video)
Make the switch to LED
Click here to see more information on LED lighting, including information on incentives available for switching to LED bulbs.