Public Power – Great Value!
From the NE State Chamber Newsletter:
‘Nebraska’s electrical rates among nation’s lowest’
The State Chamber supports reliable, low-cost electric service as currently provided by existing public power entities. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, Nebraska residential customers in 2015 paid the 11th lowest average retail price for electricity in America. At 10.79 cents/KwH, Nebraskans paid less for electricity than residential customers in any neighboring state. Nationwide, the average retail price for residential electricity is 12.67 cents per KwH. Meanwhile, Nebraska’s commercial retail price for electricity was 8.90 cents per KwH, the nation’s 13th lowest rate, compared to 10.59 cents nationally. It’s another reminder that affordable and reliable electricity is one of Nebraska’s most important competitive advantages.
Copper Theft in Neligh
Elkhorn Rural Public Power District is offering a $500 reward for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for breaking in and stealing copper from the Neligh outpost on Wednesday, December 7. Read the Neligh News article.
Read more about copper theft and how to stop it at Safe Electricity.org
Keeping our employees and customers safe is our number one priority. Please call the local authorities or 911, if you notice anything suspicious around ERPPD’s substations or facilities.
Working For Nebraska:
- NEW!! Is Public Power in Your Best Interst? (watch video)
- Kilowalking: State Fair (watch video)
- The Day the Lights Came On (watch video)
- Public Power vs Investor Owned Utilities: What is the difference? (watch video)
- Raptor Recovery (watch video)
- Life of a Lineman (watch video)
- Energy Camp and Youth Tour (watch video)
- Kilowalking (watch video)
- Linemen (watch video)
- What 10 Cents Will Get You (watch video)
- Community Involvement (watch video)
- Load Management (watch video)
- Affordability (watch video)
- Reliability (watch video)
- Environmentally Friendly (watch video)
- Local Control (watch video)
- New Technology (watch video)
- Electricity 101 (watch video)
Looking for Energy Savings?
Click here to see more information on EnergyWise incentives. This time of year we think of staying warm. If you are in need of new heating system, check out a heat pump. Elkhorn RPPD offers incentives on High Efficiency Heat Pumps.
“Elkhorn Rural Public Power District is dedicated to providing SAFE, RELIABLE,COST-EFFECTIVE electricity for ALL customers.”